Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Any contributions to a RH HowTo?

Collapse
Posted by David Kuczek on
Hello Jon,

I already read through your "Linux Security & Performance Notes" and they are great.

What I want to do is make it more understandable for people that don't know that much about linux. And I want to start from the very beginning.

I assume that somebody wants to get openacs running and make something real out of it. But he doesn't want to bother around with all the stuff he never heard of and he might not need to run his web service. And out of my own experience it is sometimes hard to know things like make a symbolic link etc. Why not say make a symbolik link which works like this: type in "ln -s ...."

So I will start with:
- Get your RH 6.2 iso file either from a. or b. or c. and install it this way. (I read through the Hitchhickers Guide and will use that to some extent)
- At the end of the day he should have his service with a scalable and secure openacs up and running.

And yes I want to cover the kernel recompile section in it and the performance and security as well...

I will be writing it in docbook. My extra section will be how to write your own doc in DocBook.

I will post my structure on the openacs.org/file-storage soon. It would be great if you could go over it and make some suggestions. What do you think?

I hold it with A. Einstein "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

David