Forum OpenACS Q&A: aolserver failing to load postgres driver

Hello everyone,

Trying to install OpenACS w/ aolserver and postgreSQL but keep getting the same error. The error log shows the following:

Error: dbdrv: failed to load driver 'postgres'
  Error: dbinit: no such default pool 'pool1'

Suspect its because of this warning given before the error messages:

Warning: modload: could not load /usr/local/aolserver/bin/nspostgres.so:    /usr/local/aolserver/bin/nspostgres.so: undefined symbol: BIO_new_mem_buf

Does anybody know what I can do to fix the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Have you looked to see if the driver is actually named "nspostgres.so"? Just took a quick look on an OpenACS site I set up last year and the config.tcl file points to "postgres.so" (I remotely remember having a similar problem and having to change that).
Collapse
Posted by Sergio Fortuna on
Hi Carl,
Thanks for your reply.
The driver is named correctly and the config.tcl points to nsposgres.so. I will try to reinstall the driver or AOLserver that doesn't work.
Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hi Sergio,

Are you sure this problem is not postgresql installation related?

I saw an error like you are reporting once a time in a postgresql list about installed postgresql from source and linkage from libecpg.so with ssl. Sorry I dont remember where...

If youre running postgresql from source try a solution to  add LD_LIBRARY_PATH to your env (if you didn't done it yet) before loading nspostgresql.  You can either use a shell script similar to this.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib:PUT_YOUR_OTHER_PATHS_HERE

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Also try using ldd /path/to/nspostgres.so to make sure it's linked correctly. I think the problem is with that driver. It may need to be recompiled.
Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
It seems the problem may be related to OpenSSL (nsopenssl).

A pointer: http://www.mail-archive.com/muscle@lists.musclecard.com/msg00375.html

Collapse
Posted by Sergio Fortuna on
Many thanks to your replies.
Got it working now - after reinstalling aolserver and the dbdriver.
Can't wait to get "stuck in" its been almost 2 years since last I saw OpenACS in action.