Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Contacts application nearly ready for release - code reviewer(s) wanted...

How do i post this to packages/contacts or packages/acs-contacts? i had an ssh able cvs account to the openacs server (although i do not know if i have permission to add a package)... but its either disabled or i forgot the password. If disabled i would need an account on cvs.openacs.org... my username had been matthewg.

Richard Hamilton took a look at the code and thought acs-contacts might be the correct name for the package - who would verify this. Its a pretty "low level" package, that many other apps will hopefully use in the future since it manages any and all attributes associated with a party (i.e. a person or an organization)... it allows fine grained control of who has access to what data on a party, etc... I have been assuming it would be called contacts, but since its low level and generally useful to any application that deals with parties acs-contacts might be a better package name???

My contacts app ties in with almost all the reference data (for address verification), telecome-number, postal-address, organizations and categories, so it uses all of the hr-xml standard stuff.

Matthew, this is fantastic! Great work!

I think it should probably be called contacts.

If you want me to, I can post it on CVS. Or perhaps someone else can ensure you get your account set up.

I'm really looking forward to trying this out. I agree -- once we get it into CVS, then we'll worry about testing it, etc...

Once it's in CVS, I'll probably have some time to test it out as well.