Forum OpenACS Q&A: Install oracle 8.1.7 in suse 8.2

Collapse
Posted by Anny Flores on
Hi
Im trying to install oracle 8.1.7 in suse 8.2 but Im having some problems, every thing its right until it starts to install all the components an throws some errors like:

/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk
Error in invoking target install of makefile /ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

/ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk
Error in invoking target install of makefile /ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/plsql/lib/ins_plsql.mk

ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk
Error in invoking target install of makefile ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk

ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk
Error in invoking target install of makefile ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk

ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk
Error in invoking target install of makefile ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk

ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/ldap/lib/ins_ldap.mk
Error in invoking target install of makefile ora8/m01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/ldap/lib/ins_ldap.mk

and more ....

does any one know if there is something special that i have to do to make it work?

Collapse
Posted by Frank Bergmann on
Hi Anny,

there are several documents posted at the SuSE site (http://www.suse.com/) explaining the installation of 8i under SLES and 8.2. Please note the SLES stuff, because it works 100% for 8.2.

Good luck!
Frank

http://www.project-open.com/

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
Anny, I think you should install Oracle 9i R2 instead of Oracle 8. There is no reason anymore to install Oracle 8i - .LRN and OpenACS should both run with Oracle 9i.
Collapse
Posted by Anny Flores on
Hi Frank,

I've been trying with those documents but I cant make it work yet, I found that there are some libraries that must be installed and I did it, everything goes fine, until I get to the point of installation, and the errors are the same.  I dont know if the instructions are complete and I miss something important or Im just doing it all wrong.