Forum OpenACS Q&A: How to more efficiently monitor the OpenACS community

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Responding to part of your motivation for this, is the fact that it takes too much time to monitor what's going on in the OpenACS community.

I've struggled with this for a while. I spend much more time than I would like just reading OpenACS email. I've tried going stretches without reading this forum or the other, but I always end up feeling like I'm missing out on important information.

One idea I've had is for people to take on forums that they will monitor, and write up daily summary postings, in the vein of the Debian Weekly News (see http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/current/issue/) for an example)

I would volunteer to take on one forum if some other people volunteered to take on the rest. We would need about 4 or 5 people to volunteer, however, and they would have to commit to really producing one per day, or at least one every couple of days.

Any volunteers? This will REDUCE the amount of time you'll need every day to monitor the OpenACS forums. But it only works if we have a critical mass of volunteers.