Forum OpenACS Development: Loading packages order

Collapse
Posted by Alvaro Rodriguez on
I'm having a problem loading the packages in my installation, my package needs xowiki but it loads the procs before loading xowiki, I'm already using

::xo::db::require package xowiki,

for some reason it works in one installation but not on another one, is there anything I need to check for this to work. Maybe I'm missing something...

Collapse
2: Re: Loading packages order (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
We have about 30 installations with various versions of kernel, xo* packackage etc, where this works, and none, where it does not work. "::xo::db::require package ..." is about 10 lines of code (in xotcl-core/tcl/05-db-procs.tcl). I would recommend to check in detail on the installation, where it does not work, what happens...
Collapse
4: Re: Loading packages order (response to 2)
Posted by Alvaro Rodriguez on
I was trying to find an error on my side, but you were right Gustaf, my "::xo::db::require package" proc was not up to date, I replaced the old proc (the one on version 0.56.3) with the new one and it works well.

Thanks for the help

Collapse
5: Re: Loading packages order (response to 4)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Thanks a lot for reporting back, good to know...

-gustaf neumann

Collapse
3: Re: Loading packages order (response to 1)
Posted by Stefan Sobernig on
Alvaro,

my package needs xowiki but it loads the procs before loading xowiki

Make sure that "::xo::db::require package *" is definitely called before your first xowiki-dependency (*-procs.tcl that contains a reference to xowiki infrastructure). So, in doubt, place it at the top of your first *-procs.tcl (in alphanumerical ordering) ...

are you sure that there is no other sign of error, possibly entirely unrelated to xotcl-core/xowiki?

//s