Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: evaluation package - 1 conceptional, two server errors

Peter,

Thanks for reporting the error, it is fixed now, you can update the evaluation package and try it. (both of them)

About the conceptual side question, you are right, we deal with it by displaying a message "New Answer" with a different color in the students evaluation section, and the grade stays as it is... but may be there is a better way to do it, any suggestions?

Regars, Jose

Collapse
Posted by Peter Monien on
Jose, thanks for fixing the two errors. We will install the updated package and fix our system.

Conceptual side:
- it would be great to be able to choose during the setup process of the task, if an answer can be send more than once (like in the evaluation package). If it can be send more than once an audit trail is needed (like you already have it)!
- Do I see it corretcly that when you want to allocate e.g. a project to different groups, lets say group 1 (student 1+2+3) and group 2 (student 4+5+6) with 20% of the total score for the course, that the aggregated sum of percentage is going up to 120% for that course .. although IMHO it should stay with 100% as group 1 just gets graded for the group 1 work an group 2 for the group 2 work, without being able to get any grade for the other groups assigment?

Peter

Peter, thanks for your thoughts

About the first one, that is a good one, we will try to work on it soon (by the moment you can only specify the due date of the task and if you let the students to submit their answers after the due date)

About the second one, the problem is that the assignments (projetcs, exams, etc) are assigned to all the students/groups in the class. By the moment, there is no way to assign a project to a specific group. You can assign the project to all the groups in the class and grade them according to their work, but the project is assigned to all the groups (At the end, this is the same that the individual tasks, in fact, you can create "individual groups" in case it is necessary)

Thanks again for your comments,

Jose

Jose,

that is interesting:

- What I wanted to do is assign different groups with the same task and rate them accordingly to their group specific work. Should this be possible with
the current version of evaluation?
- Another thought would be to have different groups, but also different tasks to assign to them. As I understood, this is not possible yet ...
correct?

Regards,  Peter

Peter,

- What I wanted to do is assign different groups with the same task and rate
them accordingly to their group specific work. Should this be possible with
the current version of evaluation?

Yes, this is possible now

- Another thought would be to have different groups, but also different tasks
to assign to them. As I understood, this is not possible yet ...
correct?

Correct, not yet

Any other question just ask

Regards, Jose