Forum OpenACS Q&A: Single Sign-on with Windows

Collapse
Posted by Anindya Adhikari on
Hi,
  I have installed OpenACS 5.1.1 on Linux machine. But I need to access this machine from another Windows machine with single sign-on (as soon as I log on to Windows machine, I should automatically log-on to Linux machine without any further username and password) feature. I installed Postgresql on Linux machine.
How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Anindya

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
I think this is not related to oacs, more to OS authentication features....
Collapse
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
It is related. The question is: how to automatically provide logged-on user credentials from Windows to OACS. While the webserver OS will most likely be involved, it's still a valid question. Samba might also be involved? Does acs-authentication have hooks to somehow facilitate this?

Has anyone worked through this process?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
He's trying to log into Linux, not OACS, therefore it is, as Roc states, an OS auth issue.
Collapse
Posted by Anindya Adhikari on
Hi,
  Let me clarify the problem once again.

I had installed OACS5.1.1 on a Linux machine for our corporate portal site. I want to log-on to the same Linux machine from my desktop (windows) without using username and password. Our target is, as soon as we logon to our windows desktop (with username and password) we should be able to logon to OACS5.1.1 also after giving only the URL. It will reduce the twice authentication.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Anindya

Collapse
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on

What sort of authentication are you using on your windoze environment? Have a look at external-authentication, it might be the base of the solution you are looking for but AFAIK there isn't a single-signon (ala M$ passport) implemented yet. You could have a look at CAS from Yale?

Good luck and if you implement this solution on OpenACS, keep us updated!