For my undergraduate thesis, I'm working on a sales tracking system + CRM using OpenACS. The application will be deployed on a possibly-offline company - this means they will not be using the ecommerce module.
It will have the following features/modules:
- sales order data entry
- accts. receivables
- daily, weekly, monthly sales reports
- customer information tracking (note that, if the application is deployed offline within the company intranet, the customer *may* not be an OpenACS user)
- sales analysis reports like
- (if profit per unit of product is known) who among our customers contributed the most profits?
- (if profit per unit of product is not known) who among our customers contributed the most in revenue?
- who bought the most number of product X?
- who bought the most number of products from product category Z?
I initially planned to copy the data model from the FreeMoney project (www.freemoney.org) but I realized that most of what I need is already in the ecommerce module data model. I plan to create an interface for the data-entry of offline purchases. This is necessary because the ecommerce pages assume that 1) the current user is the customer, and 2) order will be paid through a credit card. The interface that I plan to create assume that the current user is not the customer, and the user will select from a list of customers (I have already created a customers table for this), and the sales order is not yet paid and will be paid through a separate module - the accts. receivable module, which I will also create. Is this feasible? Any pointers on how to proceed?
I also noticed the ec_customer_serv_interactions table, which seems to have been designed to record customer complaints and inquiries. Yet I failed to find a page in /ecommerce that uses this table. Was this table part of a CRM application that aD did not release with ACS?