Forum OpenACS Development: Response to OpenACS 4 Search Integration, what should it look like?

I believe that our disagreement is on your staffing policies, your communication style, and your inability to bring others along, by letting them ask questions or make mistakes.
Good, you've actually made an honest statement as to what lies at the heart of this discussion. Why didn't you say so earlier? It would've saved all of us a whole bunch of time. I would've been a heck of a lot more polite if you'd cut to the chase right off.

I was starting to think I'd never be able to flush you out into the open.

If it is true that my staffing policy sucks, that my communication style sucks, that I am unable to bring folks along by letting them ask questions or by letting then fail, then I am, of course, absolutely unqualified to be running this project.

No one's calling for you or Ben or anyone to step down (why do people keep bringing up that strawman?)
Because it's not a strawman. If your description of my job performance is accurate, I should be replaced. I'm only raising it because I don't feel like taking the time to lead you step-by-step to the logical conclusion that follows from your observation that I'm incompetent.

If the project team agrees with you, I'll be more than glad to step down. Leading this project is something I took on because I saw a void that needed filling. I look at it as a responsibility, not something I'm doing for fun and certainly not for profit.

So ... if your description of the job I'm doing is accurate, you'll have no problem getting the OpenACS 4.x project team to ask me to step down. I will do so willingly.

I'm ready! It's summer! I can spend it photographing birds!

You expect me to be unhappy or something?