Forum OpenACS Development: Response to OpenACS 4 Search Integration, what should it look like?

The reason it's a straw man is that there are really more choices besides "Don steps down because he's totally incompetent" and "Don keeps doing things exactly the way he has been."  For instance, "Don has been doing a great job leading the project so he'll keep doing that, but he also accepts contributions even from people who aren't 'officially' working full-time on something" might be an option.

Incidently, Jerry's posted a lot more info about what he's been doing vis a vis searching than N.P. or anyone else.  I realize you were on vacation but I don't think there are grounds for criticizing Jerry for not reading status reports or trying to play with the team in that aspect.  This is one of the topics I'm most interested in and to go by what's been publicly posted there was precious little 'official' work being done on this up to when Jerry started working on it.  It's one thing to say, "Here's what N.P. has been doing," but it comes off wrong to flame Jerry for stepping on toes he had no way of knowing were there.

For what it's worth, I've learned a lot from both of you and hope to continue doing so.