Forum OpenACS Development: Response to OpenACS 4 Search Integration, what should it look like?

No one is asking you to step down. You are the only one that has mentioned this.
But if Jerry's description is accurate, certainly we can find someone who will do a better job, right? I know that no one's asked me to step down.

I already know I'm the wrong guy to manage the release process, which is why I'm so glad to see Roberto doing it for 3.2.*, he'll be well-practiced at this art when I get on my hands and knees later and beg him to do it for 4.x, as well (assuming I'm still in the project manager role).

I don't think of myself as being a particularly good project manager. I don't think Jerry's assessment is entirely fair, but I don't find it hard to imagine someone doing a better job. On the other hand, I find it easy to imagine someone doing a worse job, I guess.

If someone else were managing it, I'd be freed up to do more coding, to finish cleaning up the APM, etc. Again, following the ballgame analogy, I'd just move to outfield rather than call balls and strikes behind the plate.

I guess the bottom line is that if I'm doing a bad job, I don't want the job, OK?

As far as being an ass to people who are "just trying to help", I do think Jerry wants to help, but I don't think that's a 100% accurate description of his position nor do I think this has much to do with this thread, frankly. I think he'd like to have a larger voice in the direction openacs takes, and I think he wants to help but according to his rules, rather than adapt to (say) the OpenACS 4.x framework others seemingly have been at least somewhat content to live with.

If I'm wrong, well ... then I'm wrong. It may be that it's just *me* that Jerry feels like he can't work with. He wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last. That's certainly one liability of having me in this role.