Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Priorities, Roles, and the future of OpenACS

Well said Carl. Like you, I am a new member of this community. After months of getting to know OpenACS and all its components I feel that I'm reaching a point where I could start contributing.

However I still have a learning curve ahead of me before I can start contributing packages. Working with the newly ported packages though, I noticed that there are several bugs left that require attention. Without the skills to fix them myself I would like to report them so that the porter and other community members can resolve them.

The SDM seems a logical place to report them but doesn't look like it is used by others much. Most bugs haven't been assigned to anyone and it is therefor hard to see they have been worked on. The bulleting board appears to me as the wrong platform to raise these bugs. What seems to be missing is way to channel feedback on the modules to porters and coders.

The tools are there, either the current SDM or the new ticket-tracker would do fine. It is the process that is missing. A simple outline of a process could be a big improvement. Maybe a 'How to give feedback' FAQ?