Forum OpenACS Q&A: Hackers At Large 2001

Collapse
Posted by Pascal Scheffers on
From the 10th till the 12th of August this year there will be www.hal2001.org. I am going, after missing the roaring success of the '97 event I do not want mis this one. This might be a nice opportunity for some of us to meet each other in the Netherlands.

It's hosted on the terains of the Technical University of Twente (Enschede). Registration will cost you 68.07 Euro. Just visit their site for most/all details. Some excerpt:

Between 10th and 12th August, thousands of hackers will populate the green fields of the campus of the University of Twente, converting it into a large doubleplus-extrawired campsite. When not visiting lectures or workshops, we'll be engaged in technical or political discussions, or maybe just relaxing somewhere in the grass. But whatever we do, and whatever the topic of discussion, HAL 2001 is above all a hackers' event and NOT a LAN party! If you're looking for one, please visit CampZone.

This is the fourth in a series that has been running every four years since 1989. Many of the participants at "The Galactic Hacker Party" (1989), "Hacking at the End of the Universe" (1993) and "Hacking in Progress" (1997) have been instrumental in bringing about the changes that are upon us today.

If you can truly celebrate the Internet and embrace new technologies, without forgetting your responsibility to tell others that new technologies come with new risks to the individual and to society as a whole, then this is the place to be this summer. To be sure of an entrance ticket, register now!

I would like to see some of you there...