Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: IMS-LD: problem with a level B course

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Derick,

I ran into another problem :(.

I've done a fresh install of dotlrn 2.4.1 that includes imsld 1.2d. I've uploaded the Jazz LD being logged as a class admin with no swa privilege, created the groups, confirmed and finally got an error (imsld/admin/imsld-confirm-finish):

You don't have "write" permission on User's Folders

So it looks like the problem is at imsld::global_folder_id called by imsld::instance::instantiate_properties. When the global_folder_id doesn't exist it tries to create it under the user's folders (dotlrn root folder) after checking the current user has "write" privilege on that folder. A regular user like a profesor or an admin of a class doesn't have such privilege and shouldn't have them.

The quick fix is to remove the check so the folder can be created but it doesn't sound like the right one. IMO, this folder should be created at installation time along with the needed permissions on it.

Regarding permissions, imsld::global_folder_id sets "read" privileges on this folder, no "write" ones, so I wonder how this affects the storage of global properties afterwards.