Forum OpenACS Development: How do I turn off the QD logging?

Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Wong on
How do I turn off the QD logging?  My log files are getting large :)
Thanks.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
I made a mistake a few commits ago and switched QD logging
to Notice instead of Debug. I committed again yesterday
switching QD logging back to Debug. Try getting the latest QD
files from CVS.
Collapse
Ben, I couldn't log into the CVS repository. I got the following error:
% cvs login 
(Logging in to [mylogin]@openacs.org)
CVS password: 
cvs [login aborted]: connect to openacs.org:2401 failed: Connection refused
I typed in my password. Is the CVS server down?
Collapse
Posted by Ryan Campbell on
I'm having similar problems with CVS, but I think Roberto is working on it.  You can probably check out #openacs for the latest.
Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Marsden on
TCP port 2401 on openacs.org is being filtered, CVS is running on the server just fine according to PascalS who has SSH access to it...

Looks like something somewhere is doing a bit too much packet filtering.  I've emailed mailto:gatekeepers@openacs.org so when they wake up (it's middle of the night USA time now!) I'm sure one of them will sort it out.

Collapse
Posted by Marc Spitzer on
could they need to create an anonymous user?

$ cvs -n co -P acs-core
Fatal error, aborting.
anonymous: no such user
cvs checkout: authorization failed: server openacs.org rejected access to /cvsroot for user anonymous
$
I don't know much about cvs currently.

marc

Collapse
I got the latest QD code from the CVS repository and I turned off debugging. That helped a lot. How do I turn off truncation NOTICE messages. Thanks.
NOTICE:  identifier "some_long_identifier" will be truncated to "a_shorter_version"
Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
How do I turn off truncation NOTICE messages

Those messages are coming from PG. Truncation of long table names occurs in PG at 31 characters. So your identifiers must be unique within those 31 chars to be... unique.

Collapse
Vinod - can I turn off the logging of those messages?  Thanks.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Are they showing up with VERBOSE=OFF set on your pool?
Collapse
Don,

Yes.  I set VERBOSE off in the DB pools.  Is there another place where I need to change it?  Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
No, I was just being lazy as I've got VERBOSE=ON but am busy with Oracle stuff for a client today.

I plan to make a pass through the driver soon, maybe next weekend, for
some minor improvements I've had in mind, I can look at making VERBOSE =OFF only log ERROR and FATAL messages from PG.

Collapse

Thanks Don. I also want to benchmark one of my client sites so I am trying to minimize the logging. I've been following the thread here:

https://openacs.org/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=0002TO&topic_id=11&topic=OpenACS

BTW, I'm testing a DB backed page and it can get about 3 connections/sec using traffic jamme. I'm going to try Apache Bench in a bit.