Forum OpenACS Q&A: Modifications to user registration form

Hi,

I am trying to make some changes to a website a guy has already done. Cant get a hold of him, so have to figure things out on my own. I have known OpenACS for a few days only. I am going through the documentation.

The website has user registration exactly similar to the one on this website. These are the changes I need to make.

Please advice me on how and where to make these changes.
1. Make all fields required. I suppose I need to change both .adp and .js files.

2.  Change the field case, i.e. change things like "First name" to "First Name", just the text on top of the text-box. I guess this is probably just an adp file, but dont know which one.

3. Change the home page URL field to "Company Name". Right now it only accepts strings that start with "http://". So, where do I change that. I don't want to make any changes in the database, as I wont be using this information much. A simple fix will do.

4. For some reason the submit button at the end of the form says "log In". Need to change that back to submit.

Thanks very much.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Chiru, my recommendation is to start with the developmental tutorial. It will help you get up to speed on how things work. We're happy to help out here, but I think you need to get a firm grounding on how OpenACS works first.