Forum OpenACS Q&A: Search is broken

Collapse
59: Search is broken (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Any use of the Search box causes a server error.
Collapse
62: Re: Search is broken (response to 59)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Search is broken due to a switch over from FTS to tsearch2 that Dave is doing in the next couple of days. Sorry for any inconvenience that might be caused. Guess this is the reason for forums as well (but I'm not sure).
Collapse
75: Re: Search is broken (response to 59)
Posted by Bruce Spear on
I'm curious about this discussion of the forums: I'm having a hard time figuring out what sort of action is going on with the forums and whether I am finding here an invitation to meddle in it :) ? By meddling I mean my little UAB cadre has done all sorts of discussion on the forums, drawn up a wish list over the summer, and so might be of use to anyone doing some serious work on the forums. So, I'll appreciate knowing what work is being done on the forums and when and where we might contribute our two cents of opinion, learn something from whoever is working on this, and maybe offer developers a sounding board, helping hand, etc. Thanks! Bruce
Collapse
76: Re: Re: Search is broken (response to 75)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Bruce,

Mainly its cleanup of the code that is long overdue.

I am also looking into enabling the dynamic threaded forums user interface that was included in the Concord Consortium demonstration web site originally developed by Jeff Davis. This is a little tricky, since it was designed to work on OpenACS 5.2(HEAD).

Since it still supports flat forums, but greatly improved the threaded user interface, I think it is the best starting place for a user interface disucssion.