Forum OpenACS Development: Easy rss/xml invoicing solution

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi folks, Could anybody provide a simple step by step procedure to associate XML capability the output of project manager and logger? Would it be possible to add that capability just like it's associated to Larsblogger ? Application ussage is numerous, but for the the moment my interests are in creating an on-line invoicing system using logger and project. By creating a default task, "invoicing" in projects, which would open a simple form containing the default requirements according to EU acounting/billing regulations, one could create a billing system. Most requirements are already available in the toolkit, so with an option to create a customisable invoice template, Logger would be a realy valuable tool. I understand there is an option to create additional tables in the latest release, so that shouldn't be a problem I feel this rather basic functionality could be a great enhancement to the toolkit. Any thougts? Cheers Ben
Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Hey Ben,

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do.

If you want RSS, you can look at the rss-support package. I'm not familiar with it. But it would be cool to have RSS support of

* new projects
* closed projects
* daily stats on project manager (new tasks, closed tasks, etc..)

Some of these could be done if there were RSS support in notifications.

If you're wanting to export XML results from queries from project-manager, I may be doing that anyway for Laszlo support. But that may be months away.

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Thanks for summing up my requirements a bit better that I did. Just added to bugtracker. https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/bug?bug%5fnumber=2205

Ben