Forum .LRN Q&A: dotLRN does not send bulk mails any more

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my dotLRN Server. From one day to the other it does not send any bulk mails (class- or community mails) any more. You can write a mail, it seems to be sent, but in the history the mail is unsent. Unfortunatly I have no idea why, because it worked well for a long time. I don't know what changes to the server prevents the mails from being sent now. Are there maybe any parameters in the database? Or maybe it is because I changed some properties for the system timezone?

Any ideas?

Thanks for answers.

Regards Holger

Collapse
Posted by Nagita Karunaratne on
You may have to create a test community and dig into your code while sending test emails to find where it is failing. If the History says it is unsent there may be some error occuring that prevents dotLRn from sending the email and recording it as such. Try emailing a forum post to see if that works.
Collapse
Posted by Harish Krishnan on
If the mails are not being marked sent and are present in the system it means that your bulkmail scheduled proc is not running properly or not running at all. You would need to watch your server log files for traces of the scheduler proc activity. it would read something like .. "sweep started:...."
Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
You may find something helpful here: http://acornhosting.net/articles/openacs_email/

If not, perhaps post your symptoms (and any log messages in either the server's error log or wherever the MTA is logging (possibly /var/log/mail*). If you did fix the problem, a follow-up post saying what you did to fix it will be appreciated by future searchers.