Forum .LRN Q&A: Tabbed Interface in .LRN 2.1

Collapse
Posted by Walter McGinnis on
Hi,

I just upgraded a site to 2.1 and I hope to switch to a tabbed interface as I've seen in places like here: http://www.theservice.de/.

Is there a tabbed interface included with 2.1? Is it a matter of changing a parameter or do I need to grab some css somewhere? If someone could outline the steps involved, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

wM<
Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Hi Walter,

I am very interested to read more about the upgrade you have done recently. What version did you use before the upgrade, which database and aolserver version, what where the major problems you have faced and wether you have some advice how the upgrade should take place.

I have dotlrn 2.0.3 installed and want to upgrade to 2.1 as well. We still use aolserver 3.3 and postgres 7.3.4 together with suse linux 9.1

Thank you for your advice in advance,

best regards,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Walter McGinnis on
Whew! Holidays officially behind us. Got a minute to answer this before I plunge back into work.

As far as the "Tabbed Interface" problem I was having, it was strictly a caching issue in my browser. I looked at the site today and the tabbing stuff was actually in place! Wahoo! It looks good, too. Thanks to all those who did the work to cleanup the interface. It is a big improvement.

Nima, it wasn't that significant of an upgrade. The previous dotlrn version was 2.1 alpha and I used the OpenACS Repository "update" feature to bring all my packages inline with the "final" release version. It went without a hitch! Very nice. Strictly web interface, except for server restart. Therefore there was no need for PostgreSQL update or AOLserver update.

Good luck with your update.