Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Re: Get number of visitors currently browsing the site

Gustaf, the reason I talk about the RP is the fact that I want to take your code and make a decent OpenACS Package out of it, which can be installed using the APM (taking into account the prerequisits).

I too experience the problem of Orzenil, though I managed to get the thread::mutex command to work by just adding the package require in to the 0-acs-init.tcl. And this is the way it should be with AOLserver4 (using package require instead of loading library files manually).

Sadly though, .xotcl files are sourced before the .tcl files in /tcl, so I'm stuck again, but I managed to get this to work by adding the packagerequire to your thread_mod.xotcl right at the beginning.

So far so good, but now I'm stuck as you have a typo in your code due to the fact that you seem to have forgotten to open a paranthesis correctly "} persistent" is the culprit.

And now I got a command not found ::xotcl:: and after manually copying the code of xotcl.tcl over to my webserver I get "invalid command name throttle".

So, assuming that you have a new version anyway, I will give up at this point and look forward to see your code in the new year.

Malte, i see. look into modules/tcl/xotcl.tcl to understand,
what happens during loading. The .xotcl files are not
sourced after the .tcl files in general, since they are sourced by a .tcl file.
There is no big magic involved. If you have xotcl.tcl still
under modules, and you load libthread at some later time,
and you source thread_mod.xotcl before that, it won't work.

It should be possible to source xotcl.tcl in 0-acs-init.tcl
after the "package require Thread" (if this is the right
place, and the files there are ns_evaled). It should also
be possible to add the "package require Thread" to the
begin of thread_mod.xotcl (with the disadvantage that it
will cause problems with aolserver 3.*).

i can't diagnostic the other error messages. i have also
downgraded my notebook to the files of the 0.3-tar file,
but i did not get the parenthesis mismatch...

-gustaf