Forum OpenACS Development: acs_object_util

Collapse
Posted by Lilian Tong on
Hi, I'm porting the calendar module. We need to use object_type_p in one of our queries in the xql files.

select ......
and acs_object_util__object_type_p( object_id, 'calendar' ) = 't'

I guess we need to use the acs-object-util package, but we could not find it in the CVS. Would anyone be able to help us on this issue?

Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
The object-type-util package used to be included as part of site-wide search, but it's been moved to the kernel now, so it should be loaded by default.  I don't see an object_type_p method however.    Maybe you meant to use acs_object_util__object_type_exist_p method instead?
Collapse
Posted by Charles Mok on
the old acs-kernel did not have the code.
we updated the acs-kernel from cvs but now it doesn't load.
Collapse
Posted by Charles Mok on
I meant the code for
acs_object_util__object_type_exist_p

cheers

Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Marsden on
Charles,

"It doesn't install" is not really a problem report that is useful to the community.  You will need to provide more information that this.
If you need advice on effective bug reporting, Rafael can probably provide some suggestions for you.

Meanwhile, I just grabbed the latest OpenACS 4 CVS and it installs fine here (Red Hat 7.1, PG 7.1.3) in the early hours of 02 September 2001.  So, if there was a real problem in the kernel that prevented installation, it has probably already been corrected.

Are you still unable to install from a current CVS tree?  If so, please provide more detailed information on the issue, so that it can be diagnosed and solved.

Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Marsden on
OOPS, that should have been "early hours of 10 September 2001"!
Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Jonathan,

This bug was fixed yesterday. Thanks for your help.
I believe Calendar is *almost* ready.