Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Assessment Section Points

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
This should be fixed on the oacs-5-4 branch in CVS (which would include dotlrn 2.4.1).

If you like you can submit a patch. There definitely are more bugs in assessment. But from your description of the problems they look like bugs we already fixed. We definitely fixed some URL bugs also.

Collapse
Posted by Eduardo Santos on
Hi Dave,

I'm taking a look at the CVS activity and I'm not sure if I'm doing the same as you guys. My focus was about action and trigger execution and to provide grades in a section based assessment.

I can see the datamodel is ready to calculate section points as you said, but it's not working. In my analysis, I found four tables wich seems to be involved, in that way:

as_item_section_map -> It says the question value
as_item_data -> It says the total points the user was able to reach in that question
as_assessment_section_map -> Maximum points for the whole section
as_section_data -> Total points for the user in that section

The pages to provide points for the students were not working, mostly based on asm-admin/results-edit, and I guess I was able to fix those. The thing now is to provide the student points for the whole assessment, wich doesn't seem to be working.

I agree with you that the best solution for this is to use triggers in the database, but I don't want to fix this myself alone and lose all my work when I have to upgrade the package. I thought maybe you could give me some directions so I can work on it, and then give you the code for analysis and commit in the CVS. What do you think?