Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Getting current News items on Home Page!

Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Price on
Sean, Dave, Roger, Scott, and Jerry,

Profuse thanks, (Sean) your tips about coding are going to be a big help, I've got all this php/MySQL stuff floating around, and I see I'm going to have to get better at coding HTML by hand, Dreamweaver doesn't do TCL/ADP 😊...

(Dave) You page is going to be a great help, thanks for pointing it out to me, I realized I already had your site bookmarked from another post you had made, but I didn't realize you had this page. Guess it pays to browse an entire site rather than just the home and one other page. Thanks again...

(Roger) Thanks for the info, I'll grab the AOLServer docs and read up on ADP's. Food for thought, and definately another skill to add to my bag...Thanks...

(Scott) Thanks for the code, seeing how you've implemented chunks and now with the code it's starting to make sense. I found the html file that explains chunks but seeing it actually used really makes a difference. Thanks...

(Jerry) Thanks for the clarification, while you weren't replying to me directly, nontheless it will help me also. By the way, I really like your site, the muted background images really make it special and gives it that professional touch.

All, thanks for your help, I'll be diving into all the suggestions and when I've got something to show in a few weeks I'll post it here and maybe you'll have the time to give me a little feedback...

Thanks,