Posted by Mohan Pakkurti on
Hi,

I am curious to know if the unified bboard (as in photo.net) is
available for download somehow, or if there are any plans in our group
to create similar functionality.

Cheers.

Collapse
Posted by Arjun Sanyal on
I'm not familiar with this. Can you describe it?
Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
photo.net unified bboard

I looked for it a couple months ago and couldn't find anything available for download. The 4.x bboard doesn't do it either, I don't think...

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
AFAIK this was done for photo.net by folks hired to work on photo.net, and their unification stuff never made it into the main distribution.

While 4.x bboard doesn't do this, the home page portlet being developed for dotLRN should at least provide a count of all new messages in every bboard you're subscribed to.  3.x ACES does this so dotLRN should as well.

Collapse
Posted by David Eison on
Unified bboard was added to the ACS distribution sometime back in 3.x days, but it wasn't really maintained so it tended to not work correctly out of the box and may have been eventually removed.  Same thing with the geographic-based bboard and maybe one or two other non-standard display modes.  I suspect you'll have to rewrite it yourself if you really want the functionality.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hmmm...the US Geospatial stuff as distributed never worked, it only included about 90% of the needed files.  I don't know about the unified bboard stuff.  OpenACS 3.2.x predates it.  It certainly didn't make it to the new 4.x bboard.
Collapse
7: Re: Unified bboard? (response to 1)
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
I'm reviving this old thread to check if anyone has rewritten a unified forum view like Photo.net has for dotLRN or OpenACS?

Has anyone tried?