Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Re: Moodle lessons (yet again)

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
This is good news with the roadmap and I do agree a roadmap for .LRN is in order. My assumption from the setup of .LRN though is, that the roadmap falls into the responsibility of the .LRN consortium which is meeting these days, as they are deciding about it.

From a different perspective, I'm looking forward to have the Bazaar model implemented with the OpenACS community, so we could disperse the discussion about features and nice to haves etc. into smaller subgroups everyone intersted in can participate more easily. Furthermore it would allow us to retrieve a roadmap out of these subgroups including the pledged features as well as the features we would love to see coming in the next couple of month but still need funding (or developer).

As for the lessons, I will just write up a bunch of ideas structured into package enhancements, so people can read and discuss them. You can already access them (though still unstructured) at http://www.cognovis.de/entwickler/ideas/.

Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hi Dave, Malte, Rocael and others

Malte, could we start in a short time working on this kind of discussions as you suggest? I could help making efforts with a small subgroup i have in touch here in Brazil trying to brought people to discussions in example maintaining a website for developers or contributor in brazilian portuguese language (unfortunatelly language is a considerable barrier to get geographically dispersed people working together 😟 ).

Moodle is in process of large adoption here in Brazil at this moment. Some institutions like Universidade de Brasília, a respected federal high education institution is in way to use Moodle to support academic ativicties at its whole campi; others institutions maybe could follow the steps...

The website i told you is very close to be launched and we are working on a test server with native brazilian language. From E-lane people we have the KNOPPIX cd and we are working in a remasterized version with brazilian language for people that wants overcome the installation take a look and help us on discussions about ways to get dotLRN with features they think are very good in others systems like Moodle itself. Also Bootcamps for dotlrn in AD models are planned here and maybe we will get the first one in middle february at Universidade Católica de Brasília campi.

\Orzenil