Forum OpenACS Q&A: File Storage error

Collapse
Posted by William Painter on
Just got ACS and dotLRN installed and running on FC3 machine and have been exploring about, getting ready to use the ACS system for online learning. The file storage applet gives me an error in Firefox (document contains no data) and in IE (there was a problem with your upload...) when I try to upload any files of 1mg and over. I have increased the MaximumFileSize to 10mg but still no love.

I've noticed also that some of the applets have 404 errors instead of admin pages because of a link in the admin section that seems to be bad (for example: /file-storage/admin/ does exist but /dotlrn/applets/fs/admin/ doesn't)

I'm obviously doing something wrong but I don't know where else to go for some assistance. I can alter the db directly and I can certainly edit .tcl files but I am not all that familiar with the aolserver/postgres/tcl sytem so I am feeling my way about (more used to apache/php/mysql). Don't mean to post a stupid question.

Collapse
2: Re: File Storage error (response to 1)
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Not sure about the .LRN portlet errors but regarding the file storage error, be sure you have a line like this:

ns_param   maxinput           [expr 20 * 1024 * 1024] ;# Maximum File Size for uploads in bytes

in the

ns_section ns/server/${server}/module/nssock

section of your config.tcl. That should be in most recent versions of config.tcl but perhaps you are using an older version.

Collapse
3: Re: Re: File Storage error (response to 2)
Posted by William Painter on
THANKS!

The line was not in my config file so I added it. Worked like a charm.

I never would have found that alone. I have been trying to resolve it for a week now.

Thanks again.