Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Native Windows Installer for Windows (Version 1.10)

Dear Nima,
the building instructions are available at the following URL:

http://www.friendlybits.com/en/inf_tec_en/win32openacs_en/build_inst_en/

However generating the port is not for the faint of heart...

Hope it helps,
Maurizio

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
The config.tcl appears to be wrong? Thread is not loaded. This I found in the config.tcl:

# nsthread library which should become standard in 5.3
if {[file exists ${homedir}/lib/thread2.6.4/libthread2.6.4[info sharedlibextension]]} {
ns_param libthread ${homedir}/lib/thread2.6.4/libthread2.6.4[info sharedlibextension]
}

There is no such folder. There is a thrad2.6.5 folder but there is no libthread2.6.5* file. There are thread26* files and there is a bin/nsthread* file.

Any idea?

Dear Nima,
ty very much for your feedback.
1. I did not write that portion of the config.tcl file, it came from CVS.
2. On the Windows distribution libthread is not an Aolserver loadable module (i.e. a *.so file).
3. If you require it, say inside some XOTcl procedure you can modify the first lines of \aolserver\modules\tcl\xotcl.tcl as follows
package require XOTcl; namespace import ::xotcl::*
package require xotcl::serializer
to:
package require Thread
package require XOTcl; namespace import ::xotcl::*
package require xotcl::serializer
This should do it.
Hope it helps,
Maurizio
Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Dear Maurizio, we ran as well into the issue with libthread. Yes, the config.tcl file should be fixed.

However, your suggested approach with "package require Thread" does not work for aolserver. The existing code requires a version of libthread compiled as an aolserver module (under unix, configure with --with-aolserver=...; see https://openacs.org/xowiki/tag/libthread). When compiled this way, libthread names several commands differently and has a different initialization/cleanup behavior.

If possible, please provide libthread compiled as an aolserver module in the next release.

Dear Nima and Gustaf,
ok, ok now I get it... sorry if took a while!
I'll try to include libthread as an Aolserver loadable module in the next version of Win32-OpenACS, which hopefully will come out pretty soon.

Cheers and thanks a lot to both of you!!!