Forum OpenACS Development: Response to I know that this is beta, but...

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Oops!  Thanks, Vinod - I also fixed these problems on Monday but am in the midst of other changes and hadn't committed them yet.

Dwayne - the problem was a bad commit of a messed-up .info file by one of our porters combined with the APM"s overly-sensitive and easily offended personality that makes it intolerant of such errors.  Over time I plan to put some time into making the APM more robust in the face of such errors - the package should be skipped but your entire install shouldn't grind to a halt.

Walter's absolutely correct, some packages at least need to be configured after they're mounted.  I forgot that in my recounting above.

And ... Dwayne, thanks for your patience!  The CVS tree will be broken from time-to-time, but overall people have done a remarkably good job of keeping it in a stable and consistent state.  Remarkable considering that our team ranges from old fart software engineers like  myself to undergraduate students in places like Cyprus and Australia, a non-hacker doctor who's become a monster contributor (go, Vinod!), etc etc etc.