Forum OpenACS Development: Response to application modules as site-map directories?!?

Thanks, Barry. Your comments make complete sense to me, but I was asking more about the reverse case (i.e. configuring nodes below applications in the tree).

On a related subject....

I have been thinking for some time about an issue related to your second comment, where can/should static content for a sub-site go? If I have a subsite mounted under the main site called Casa de Fulan say, it is not clear to me how to hook the static content to this subsite. As far as I can tell, I need to make a directory (in the file system) under /web/servername/www. But I do not see a way to map this to the subsite definition in the site map.

Obviously, I can enforce my own linkage between these, but I thought the purpose of the site map was to make the RP aware of this. The only other subsite-unique directories that I can find in the file system are in the skin package. It seems not to make sense to hook a subsite under a package.

Am I missing something here? (I hope so!)

I have been thinking about a parameter to the subsite application (if that is what to call it) that would be looked at by the request processor to help deal with this. Basically, I am making a big deal about this since I thought that the RP is the best way to have the permissions system handle accesses to the static content.

Regards..