Forum OpenACS Development: Response to application modules as site-map directories?!?

...where can/should static content for a sub-site go? If I have a subsite mounted under the main site called Casa de Fulan say, it is not clear to me how to hook the static content to this subsite. As far as I can tell, I need to make a directory (in the file system) under /web/servername/www. But I do not see a way to map this to the subsite definition in the site map.

I don't think you need to map the static content to the subsite. One thing about the request processor that is not exactly highlighted in the documentation is that it (seems to be) designed to work with parallel directories under the pageroot and amongst the mounted directories. So if you have a subsite under /foo, you can create a directory under /web/servername/www/foo and put the files there - just as you thought. The request processor will return mounted files if it finds them, then look under the page root if it doesn't. So if you create /web/servername/www/foo/admin, the request processor ignores that and serves the (automatically) mounted admin directory for the subsite.

I'm not sure what the best way is to make "static" pages subsite-aware. (To have them use the master template for the subsite, for instance.) Maybe someone else can chime in here.