Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Can't login - site not setting ANY cookies!

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
First check if you have old stale cookies for that site in your browser, if so, remove those for that site, and try again.
Collapse
Posted by H Potter on
Thanks for the reply but I tried all that and verified no site/cookies/exceptions exist for this site.

In Firefox 3:
Tools->options->privacy->show cookies... (remove cookies) (remove all cookies).

From here i can see exactly what's happening with cookies as you go to an OpenACS site...

It sets ad_session_id as you go to login page and after login it sets ad_user_login and if its secure sets ad_user_login_secure and ad_secure_token

When I go to site no attempt to write any cookie is made (i have "ask me every time" option set in Tools->options->privacy in FF).

IE7 doesn't really show what's happening as easily but it also doesn't work so doesn't appear to be browser issue.

Collapse
Posted by H Potter on
Also I checked proc that I assume writes the session cookie 'sec_generate_session_id_cookie' in acs-tcl/tcl/security-procs.tcl and there is an ns_log in there that i expected to see in log...

ns_log notice "Security: [ns_time] sec_generate_session_id_cookie setting session_id=$session_id, user_id=$user_id, login_level=$login_level"

... but the line never appears even on the site that is working - is this proc not the one that writes the session cookie?