..you might want to start a thread in the 4.x design forum describing exactly what you intend to provide. That way others can chime in with whatever additions or changes might be needed based on their experience.
I basically view these as requirements, and I intend to provide some proposals later, as I am actively working these to resolution. Note that these are all ACS4Tcl, so I am not sure if they are already fixed in OACS4.
Site Map hurt sheet
- does not show application's type (i.e. package_name)
- allows sub-folders under applications
- mount vs. new-application subtleties are opaque
- inverse of both mount and new-application is unmount (maybe these functions should be distinguished by only a checkbox)
- delete of an applications node instance should offer to delete/move the data
- no way to rename application instance's title
- subsite creation in relation to group types is opaque (i.e. same as above)
- Main Site looks like it is above in the hierarchy but actually it is at the same level
- subsite sitemap admin looks OK at first; but allows permissions to be set for other subsites/objects (i.e. more "real" risk)
- inconsistent template usage
- prognosis: more functional bugs (when compared to groups/perms); needs greater effort to "fix"