Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to webmail thoughts
In particular, I would like to find a near-term solution that:
- Is simple, works right now, or is fairly easy for me to glue together into something reliable.
- Runs in AOLserver, without needing a PHP module or anything else that's currently unstable or overly complicated.
- Supports IMAP.
- Can use SSL to encrypt the link to the IMAP server.
- Integration with OpenACS user authentication.
- MIME support.
- Both IMAP and POP3 support.
- Highly efficient, massively scaleable.
Here are some features that I personally don't care at all about right now, but of course other folks will want in the future:
A webmail solution is not too high a priority for me, which is why I emphasize the "simple, not a lot of work" requirements. But a basic solution would be very nice. And if there's a simple solution who's basic design would allow me to later work on it and turn it into a full webmail solution for use by the community, that would be ideal. Anyone have suggestions or advice?