Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Re: Will Dr. OpenACS survive? Or why I stopped worrying and learned to love the .LRN consortium?

Al, why this sudden switch to "offline" and "no longer plan to post in public"? So you and Talli had a little public tiff in this thread, so what? A bit of flamage never killed anyone. I would rather see folks like you and Talli offer your thoughts and opinions with no punches pulled. I like more communication and transparency, even if they sometimes cause a few bruised feelings - they're worth that side effect.
Andrew,

Talli and I have been talking offline and he said the same thing. Some blood letting from time to time is healthy. The "Talli bomb" set off an energetic discussion.

I will enter back into the arena.

It's not that I have bruised feeliings or that I am sensitive guy. I have a pretty thick skin. I was concerned about the impression it would make on people who tend to be silent i.e. "I am not going to speak my mind because I will get blasted or be subject to personal attacks."

But I realize now that needs to be part of the education process in open source communities. Any debate where the stakes are high and people are passionate will lead to some fisticuffs and blood. But at the end of the day we should all be able to go out and get a beer. That's the way it goes.