Forum .LRN Q&A: dotlrn.org Website content

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
While I was searching for an HTML to SCORM converter, I went back to Ilias, who have a OpenOffice importer, hoping to find what I want there (which i sadly did not).

But the homepage now contains a lot of useful information that we are clearly missing on the dotlrn.org homepage. For reference: http://www.ilias.de/ios/index-e.html.

What is missing:

- I think the news should display the content and not only the title on the frontpage, but this is a question of style I think.

- List of core features that stand out.

- Information about the consortium, who are the members, goal and vision. Obviously, once we got external funding this should show up there as well. A link to membership benefits and costs is highly appreciated as well 😊.

- Screenshots and more text for all the modules (feature section) on a seperate page. This should be easy if we take the user documentation that exists at the various institutions along with marketing materials that e.g. we generated.

As I know we are all working on a very thin and tight time budget, anyone who is willing to help in this regard should be able to do so. In this spirit I'm willing to take all content about features and put it up on the site in my spare time, though I'm not the person to check correct english (and at the moment not endorsed to do so either).

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I just realized I got into the German spirit of talking things worse than they are. The website made a lot of improvement in the last year, as did the toolkit, and I want to thank everyone involved for their efforts.