Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP #132 Plans to address storage_type problem in CR

OK, let me backtrack - I guess I wasn't clear because your answer isn't. The feature I was asking for feedback about is the ability to change storage_type for existing items, not any specific piece of code. Are you saying you think that's useful? That appears to be the intent of the original code but I don't have any use cases to support making it work that way. If anyone else has an opinion...

Anyhow, what's there now is broken, or at least capable of breaking very easily and does not behave as it should. I proposed having the revisions proc truly honor that option and change it accordingly in cr_items at the expense of old revisions. Yes, it could be a little messy. Another route would be to simply remove the -storage_type option temporarily but if everyone thinks this ability is desirable, that seems a little silly - perhaps we should just wait and do it right by moving the column to cr_revisions.