Forum .LRN Q&A: Coordinating .LRN Releases - LORS

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
I want to ask people's cooperation in improving coordination and communication across the various projects. While it's heartening to know that there is a lot of activity in the community, we also risk duplication and working at cross purposes unless the community knows who is working on what and how.

Let me begin with LORS.

Can everyone who is working on LORS or wants to work on LORS please identify themselves? I am assuming that Ernie is the project lead. We will be asking the project lead to make sure that the project page is kept up-to-date at all times.

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Ernie is leading and coordinating LORS work for Solution Grove. We are doing an intensive refactoring to create a central repository and enabling online content creation and editing and learning object (LO) reuse. Our Beta release is the begining of April.

Because we are doing quite a bit of work in a short time there are a number of people working on it. This includes Vivian, who is coordinating a number of people at her location doing the nuts and bolts coding, and Dave Bauer who is concentrating on search for objects in the Learning Object Repository, including metadata searching, and on the WYSWYG LO editing/creation UI.

Collapse
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
We will have 1 maybe 2 undergraduate projects extendng LORS. Ernie is also in the loop.

Rafael

Collapse
Posted by Alfred Essa on
Caroline, Rocael...thanks..

Ernie, can you please take over and update the projects page to keep the community informed of developments. Thanks and much appreciated!

LORS is a jewel in the crown and we are looking forward to seeing its release.

What about the folks from Italy? Aren't they involved?

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Just adding to Rafa's posting, the work these undergrad fellows would be doing is regarding IMS Digital Repository Interoperability, which will allow LORS to run federated searches and share resource with other repositories.

Thanks,

Ernie

Collapse
Posted by Giancarlo Luxardo on
Al,

Thanks for remembering us. Yes... we have a modified version of LORS which includes standard SCORM RTE support. We will publish soon details about this.