Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP #134: Change default value for RichTextEditor param in acs-templating

Based on arguments exposed here, I do not approve the change, until the remaining issues are cleared, and I would prefer to ask first the community about whether they use xinha, or they want to change to something else, and listen the pros / cons of changing to a new editor, which is a very important part of any system that produce content like OpenACS/.LRN.
You (and to some extent Gustaf) are arguing against a strawman, in other words rather than arguing against the TIP, you are arguing against something else of your own invention which is not the TIP.

The TIP is NOT to "switch to a new editor" or "to change to something else".

OpenACS/.LRN has supported *both* TinyMCE and xinha for some time, this TIP does not change that.

This TIP is only to change the *default* editor selected if you change from the default configuration which is NO WYSIWIG AT ALL.

Adoption of this TIP in no way prevents you or Gustaf or others from using xinha.

So please stop arguing that it does. It pisses me off.

The argument for changing the *default*, because out-of-the-box it gives you more accessible and valid HTML without the use of external apps like "tidy", and we claim to support that (I realize that traditionally neither you nor Gustaf consider accessibility to be particularly important, but honchos and the board have decided otherwise).

So we are simply suggesting that we provide a cleaner editor *by default*, not that you stop using xinha.