Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: KMS Breakout Session at Heidelberg .LRN Meeting: Ideas/ Priorities

Hi Jeff,

How active are cop-base and cop-ui packages actually?

I am very interesting about OACS KM capabilities and today i was playing with cop-* code from CVS (HEAD). After some work (not so hard) i got it working with little changes that allow me to create communities of practice.

The major problem is with /packages/cop-base/lib/install.xml called by apm::process_install_xml when trying to mount package "page". It fails because apm tries to set parameter "LinkFirst" and "Sidebar" from "page" but these parameters does not exists on "page" package from CVS. But it is easy to deal with.

Lars-Blogger (with RSS and trackback capabilities), Ratings and Clipboard are great in cop-* design but i found clipboard needs some adjusting regarding namespaces (it is easy to fix; i got it working very quickly)

Look and feel needs enhancements and i think i could make some progress on this issue.

Are there people working on cop-* ? Are there priorities in development of these packages?