Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Time for a name change?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
It's not clear to me from this thread so far whether there will be a shortlist of names on which we can all vote or whether a secret cabal will read every comment and pick the one with the most persuasive argument. Any calls for due process appear to be drowned out by everybody's favourite suggestion.
This seems a rather unfair and hostile characterization to me. Thus far it feels like that the proper "due process" is this very freewheeling conversation we're having. The fact that new name ideas "drown out calls for due process" seems to me to be strong evidence that people aren't ready to shut down the creative process of dreaming up potential names.

I know that Neophytos has an idea he wants to write about by later this week and I for one am interested in what he has to say. I'm sure others will come up with things of interest, too. I doubt I'm the only person curious to see what other ideas will spring up over the next few days.

If we get to a point where there's one strong winner - a consensus builder - it will become fairly obvious, I think. If not, we can run a poll or something like that.

But right now why shouldn't we just keep the ideas rolling and worry about "due process" later?