Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Oracle 10g/Fedora Core 3

Collapse
Posted by Connie-Lynne Villani on
We think our problem is related to some warnings we get when trying to build nsoracle:

[root@holden nsoracle-2.7]# make
gcc -pipe -I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/rdbms/demo -I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/rdbms/public -I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/network/public -I/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/plsql/public -O -D__NO_STRING_INLINES -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -fPIC -I/software/stow/aolserver-4.0.10/include -I/software/stow/tcl-8.4.6/include -DNO_CONST -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DTCL_THREADS=1 -DUSE_THREAD_ALLOC=1 -D_REENTRANT=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -DHAVE_PTHREAD_ATTR_SETSTACK\
SIZE=1 -DHAVE_PTHREAD_ATFORK=1 -DHAVE_READDIR_R=1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DTCL_WIDE_INT_TYPE=long\ long -DHAVE_STRUCT_STAT64=1 -DHAVE_TYPE_OFF64_T=1 -DHAVE_GETCWD=1 -DHAVE_OPENDIR=1 -DHAVE_STRSTR=1 -DHAVE_STRTOL=1 -DHAVE_STRTOLL=1 -DHAVE_STRTOULL=1 -DHAVE_TMPNAM=1 -DHAVE_WAITPID=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1 -DUSE_TERMIOS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H=1 -DTIME_WITH_SYS_TIME=1 -DHAVE_TM_ZONE=1 -DHAVE_GMTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_TM_GMTOFF=1 -DHAVE_TIMEZONE_VAR=1 -DHAVE_ST_BLKSIZE=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SIGNED_CHAR=1 -DHAVE_LANGINFO=1 -DPEEK_XCLOSEIM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1 -DTCL_CFG_OPTIMIZED=1 -DTCL_CFG_DEBUG=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_TIMEGM=1 -DHAVE_POLL=1 -DHAVE_DRAND48=1 -DHAVE_RANDOM=1 -DHAVE_CMMSG=1 -DHAVE_GETADDRINFO=1 -DHAVE_GETNAMEINFO=1 -DHAVE_ZLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -c -o nsoracle.o nsoracle.c
nsoracle.c:272: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'log'
nsoracle.c: In function `Ns_DbDriverInit':
nsoracle.c:897: warning: passing arg 3 of `log' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
nsoracle.c:901: warning: passing arg 3 of `oci_error_p' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
nsoracle.c:907: warning: passing arg 3 of `error' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
nsoracle.c:918: warning: passing arg 3 of `log' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

...and so on with warnings about arg 3 of log for what appears to be most functions in the module.

We've tried the following options to get nsoracle 2.7 to compile and build properly:

NSHOME set to /install/src/aolserver-4.0.10 (our source directory)
NSHOME set to /software/stow/aolserver-4.0.10 (our build directory)

Neither of these appear to make a difference in terms of the number of warnings we get when building nsoracle. I've also set AOLSERVER to both those values, and tried all four combos of those values, and we still get the warnings. Just for kicks, I also set the following environment variables:

ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1
ORACLE_SID=demo1
NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII
NLS_DATE_FORMAT=YYYY-MM-DD
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin

Again, we still got the "type mismatch" error message on build, and the fatal error message about nsoracle being unable to load (because it can't locate Ns_ModuleInit) when starting AOLserver.

Any idea what we can do? Jose, you said you got it running, could you give us some more details? We're on RHEL 4.0, for the record.

Connie-Lynne

Collapse
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
I forgot to say that we're using Debian, I just followed the instructions at www.openacs.org and http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/Oracle_10g.shtml(for debian), I also set all the environment variables, just as in de documentation, and I don't remember getting so many warnings.

I'm sorry I can't help you more. Ypu could try searching for RHEL specific documentation (http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml maybe?).

Good luck! =)

Jose Pablo