Forum OpenACS Q&A: Debian Sarge Postgres changes

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I used Debian Sarge Packages to install AOLserver along with PostgreSQL. Here is what I still had to do:

- Modify pg_hba.conf to allow trusted connections like this

# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local all postgres ident sameuser
#
# All other connections by UNIX sockets
local all all trust
#
# All IPv4 connections from localhost
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust
host all all my-site-ip-address 255.255.255.255 trust

Furthermore I had to change the OpenACS config.tcl to connect to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

Last but not least, I had to manually compile and install tDOM. But everything else worked out fine (so far...).

Collapse
Posted by Pavel Boghita on
I had a spat of notice errors in my error.log (incidentally I did an update-upgrade on my debian woody distribution),

Error: Ns_PgOpenDb(postgres): Could not connect to localhost::serice0: FATAL: sorry, too many clients already

[19/Jun/2005:00:00:29][25208.196620][-sched:11-] Error: dbdrv: failed to open database 'postgres:localhost::service0'
[19/Jun/2005:00:00:29][25208.196620][-sched:11-] Error: could not allocate 1 handle from pool "pool2"
could not allocate 1 handle from pool "pool2"

etc...
I have modified pg_hba.conf as per your advice and so far so good.

would this be enough to show that my problem was the pg_hba.conf, or I need to look more into this ?

Thanks,

Pavel Bradut Boghita

Collapse
Posted by Eduardo Pérez on
http://packages.debian.org/testing/interpreters/tdom
installs and works fine for me.
Malte, what are the problems you got to have to get it manually installed?

If there's any problem with the Debian package please post it to the Debian bugtraker: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=tdom

Collapse
it looks like daemontools-installer is not available for sarge anymore. Can runit be used instead?

Thanks

Bradut

Collapse
sorry about the above... that was just stupid. I only had main in my /etc/apt/source.list, hence daemontools-installer could not be found.