Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Current best practises: Dynamic Attributes, Package Linking, Callbacks

Due to the fact that one instance of project manager handles multiple projects and one instance of forums handles multiple fora and one instance of file-storage handles multiple folders we "only" have to come up with a way to link the project with the forum and the folder.

Reason is that it does not make sense for a user to have the option to create multiple forums for a single project, especially as you can work with subprojects (my estimation is, the moment a project becomes large enough to warrant a new forum it is time for a subproject).

Any idea how best to link them (acs-rels)? Furthermore, how should the user interface look like (I don't like the way I have to manually mount and add a logger instance to PM).

Though, in the end, I do agree that the *easiest* solution is to create an acs-subsite for each project and make sure that the user interface does not provide all the functionality. I think we have this already and it's called .LRN communities 😊.

Well, we will bang our head against this once we come to it. On a related note though, has anyone actually used / installed .LRN on 5.2?