Collapse
Posted by Yves Caetano on
Dear all,

I am installing the latest acs with the aolserver downloaded from the
openacs page postgres 7.1.2 and redhat 7.0

but i have problems compiling the pgdriver. i get always an error that
the header file libpq-fe.h isn't found. If i try to make a locate on
the disk or even a find, there's no file with this name on the whole
disk. Is there something that i have to download, that i didn't do???

thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Yves Caetano

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
It sounds like you don't have Postgres installed in /usr/local/pgsql?  How did you build Postgres after you downloaded it?  Did you do a "make install" as root after compiling it?
Collapse
basicaly i installed the rpm package of postgres. but ok if the source will be the solution then i will install the source...if this will fix my problem 😊)

Yves Caetano

Collapse
Posted by Mat Kovach on
Most likely you don't have postgres installed in /usr/local/pgsql so you'll have to modify the makefile file postgres.

In the makefile there are some settings for RedHat (you'll want to change PGINC, PGLIB).

You also might try locate libpq-fe.h that might help you find out where it is so you can modify the makefile.

Collapse
that's the point....the file isn't on the disc....i am not able to find the file with locate or even with a find command.....so i think that this file is may be in an rpm package which i didn't download. because the rpm's are splitted in several packages and there's no rpm with the whole postgres.
So i think i will compile postgres and install it in /usr/local/pgsql.....like this i am sure that i will hace the file i nee.....or let's say i hope to have it then on the disc

thanks for your help

Collapse
Posted by Mat Kovach on
try rpm -qva | grep -i postgres.  I believe the files you need are into postgresql-dev or such.
Collapse
thanks a lot for your help Mat Kovach, you were right the libpg-fe.h file was in the devel package of postgres 😊)
thanks
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Just for your future reference that's the way RPMs tend to be split up.  Headers you need to write your own code to work with a binary RPM are found in the package-dev RPM.