Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Google Summer of Code

Collapse
3: Re: Google Summer of Code (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
The critical first step seems to be to get OpenACS listed as a participating mentoring organization. (It looks like a student can fill in "Other" for mentoring organization rather than picking one listed, but depending on that that would severely limit the number of OpenACS student candidates - bad.)

Malte, Google doesn't seem to give specific instructions on how to get signed up as a mentoring organization, but you're on the OpenACS Core Team, so I recommend you just contact Google ASAP and ask them what to do. (Who to give the $500 to at the end of the summer is trivial, not need to worry about that now. If necessary OpenACS can just turn down the money and tell Google to keep it.)

Btw, Marc G. Fournier posted about this on the PostgreSQL Hackers list, but so far PostgreSQL isn't listed as a mentoring organization either. Nor is AOLserver or Tcl. Possibly co-ordinate with the PostgreSQL, AOLserver, and Tcl folks to get all the major projects OpenACS uses signed up?

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Here's the PostgreSQL thread on this. I just emailed the AOLserver and Tcl-core lists as well, but my email hasn't yet shown up in the corresponding AOLserver and Tcl-core web-based email archives yet.