Forum OpenACS Q&A: How OpenACS Saved me $1 Million: Redux

Back in September 2001, Stephen Deasey posted a comment I made on the WWWAC list to this board. The project I've been working on (referenced in my response to the post) just entered the beta test phase for first-round funders and second-round fundraising, and is slated to be opened up to the general public in mid-March.

Louis Gabriel, in a comment to the above post, suggested that it would be a great idea if I were to offer business, technical, etc., insights, and now that I've actually got experience building a project that will be deployed, I feel far more comfortable doing so.

While addressing the community here is valuable, to some extent it's preaching to the converted. I think it's just as important, if not more so, to take the message to a larger community -- which means to potential clients who want to know the pros and cons and ins and outs of using OpenACS, as well as to the larger Open Source community.

I don't see WimpyPoint installed, which would be one way to do this that would at least be in an easily reusable form. I am open to suggestions for presentation methods (online and off (including user groups, SIGs, etc)), and generally helping present the business case for using an Open Source system like OpenACS.

Here's to making 2002 a banner year for OpenACS.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Visit openacs.org/wp - it's there, just not linked directly from anywhere.  After you're done, we can post a link from somewhere, maybe from the front page as a "case study"???
great Clay, do it at WP and then you can open another thread to talk about it!