Forum OpenACS Q&A: Error creating application

Collapse
Posted by Gonzalo López on
From a basic installation of OpenACS I installed dotlrn from the repository. The installation was OK, but when I tried to add the application I got an error response: "We had a problem creating the application". The error.log says:

[14/Sep/2009:10:51:39][11413.3065674640][-conn:2-] Error: Error creating application: Selection did not return a value, and no default was provided
Selection did not return a value, and no default was provided
while executing
"db_string select_st_id {}"
(procedure "dotlrn::apm::after_instantiate" line 14)
invoked from within
"dotlrn::apm::after_instantiate -package_id 1075"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval $command"
(procedure "apm_invoke_callback_proc" line 37)
invoked from within
"apm_invoke_callback_proc -package_key $package_key -type "after-instantiate" -arg_list [list package_id $package_id]"
(procedure "apm_package_instance_new" line 23)
invoked from within
"apm_package_instance_new -package_id $package_id -package_key $package_key -instance_name $package_name -context_id $context_id"
(procedure "site_node::instantiate_and_mount" line 39)
invoked from within
"site_node::instantiate_and_mount -parent_node_id [ad_conn node_id] -node_name $folder -package_name $instance_name -package_key $package_key"
[14/Sep/2009:10:51:39][11413.3065674640][-conn:2-] Warning: /admin/applications/application-add has no doc(title) set.

Thanks

Collapse
Posted by Gonzalo López on
It is important to say that this error only happens when I try to mount the dotlrn application. With the File-Storage package everything works OK
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Gonzalo,

dotlrn is not meant to be mounted on an existing instance of OpenACS, it requires a specific installation.

Once you have the code on your machine, cd to your openacs root directory and copy packages/dotlrn/install.xml there. Then start your server to begin with the installation.