Forum OpenACS Development: OpenACS LDAP Integration using ldap_bind

I just uploaded a document in the misc folder (same title as this post's subject) which describes how I have configured OpenACS/LDAP integration using the new version of nsldap with bind support. I'd love to get some feedback from those in the community with some auth-ldap or general LDAP experience.

There are some modifications I'd like to make to auth-ldap based on this document. In particular, I think it would be useful to set up automatic generation of the IMS XML needed to populate/sync user databases - Novell's directory does not generate IMS XML and I bet Microsoft AD doesn't either (at least not without additional software). I've included some scripts that I'm currently using to do this in the document. Also, we should probably have an LDAPBindP driver parameter so that each LDAP authority can be configured differently, if necessary. Lastly, I think the LDAP bind code should be modified as described in the document to search for the users' FDN before attempting to bind.

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Michael,

I know that Matthew Geddert wanted to develop his contacts module to allow OpenACS to act as an LDAP server. It may be worth contacting him.

Regards
Richard